Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Desperately Wanting Wednesday

Desperatly Wanting Wednesday, hosted by Parajunkee's View

This week's DWW...
"I put them on my TBR when I read about them, I might even request them and then maybe I don’t get them. Or I don’t manage to buy them…and then suddenly they’ve released and another hot book shows up and these books are forgotten. But, really — I shouldn’t have passed them up."

Goodreads Description (in case you didn't already know):

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line forcing them all to send on boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger siste, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katness has been close to dead before - and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.


I know, I know... you're probably thinking that I'm crazy for not having read this yet, but after all the hype about it, I guess I just didn't want to read something which I already knew the end to. I was all for it when I first heard of it, but now, years later, I've just put it off for so long that I feel like I've already read the book based from all the talk about it. I actually did get a free boxed set of the series by volunteering at a book fair, but, we'll see. As much as I'd still love to read it, I'm a bit nervous all the hype will have ruined it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio